Friday, January 4, 2013

Step Two: Removing Metal


This morning I woke up at the 6 a.m. hour with the extreme feeling of nervousness through my body, sending little shocks of pain to places that have never been bruised before. Trying to keep calm and be nice I kept my breathing down to a healthy pace. I feel people have a tendency to panic too quickly and instantly stress about their surroundings. With that thought, my brain, which I like to call my swift kick sensor, kicked me out of bed. A few sodas and a couple kitty kisses later I was starting to understand the day ahead. Sitting and watching TV I learned that if any one is feeling stressed or doubtful they should watch that show True Life on MTV, it's an instant self-esteem booster. That's what they should show people in jail; gather them in a group and get them to feel a little better about themselves, maybe a therapy session of all True Life. Maybe I can put that in the suggestion box next to the front door.
Later at work a few more scattered conversations came up of past run-ins and adolescent adventures. I'm starting to hear the same advice of “staying upbeat”, “keeping my head up straight”, and “making a good thing out of a bad”. But sitting in the break room typing my introduction I was approached by a women I had never even seen at my work place before. She asked about the blog and what people were saying. After a few minutes of talking she told me how playing the piano is what calms her in a similar way that writing does for me. She left our conversation congratulating me with having the courage to write.

With my music player fully charged I filled the rest of my day with cola calories and popcorn snacks. I'm not going to lie and say constant thoughts of what lay ahead wasn't entering my mind, but with my music playing and my stuff nicely packed for the coming week, I was ready to jump in head first without hitting my head on the bottom and finish this experience.

Piercings out, hair combed, and teeth brushed I was ready to spend my final minutes at home watching TV and snuggling with the kitty. I wrote down emails and passwords to give to my ghost writer for the weekend. Through weekend visitations, verbal blogs will be given and then typed within that day. Monday I will return to the computer to type, breathe fresh air, and drink coffee and soda.

Pretty settled on the idea of not being at home, I approached my new and not improved temporary home. I grabbed my jacket while stepping from the car, “ see you in ten days”.

No comments:

Post a Comment