Thursday, January 10, 2013

They Come and They Go


It's Thursday, and I'm happy to say after today I only have two more days left of being held inside the clink. I'm ready to get rid of my constant nose bleeds from the dry jail air, I know they must import it from McShitville. I hope to spend Friday being completely overloaded at work till my brain explodes, and in the evening, confining myself to my private dorm room to finish up my newly composed artist statement. How many other artists can say they've written their statement while in jail? I'm sure not too many, so I do plan to milk that for what it's worth.


With tomorrow marking a week of being incarcerated, I've seen ladies come and go out of the housing unit. Even though I haven't known these women for very long, and not to say I like them or they like me, I still got a tiny glimpse into who they are, and once they've left, the space seems to change. But when it comes down to it, it's not always how long you spent inside, but what you choose to do once you've escaped (in a legal way). I plan to hang out with Murphy and draw picture; that's a good thing so I must be cured.

Bring these to me!
But with these big plans on hold till Sunday morning, I will wait for tomorrow to come. I'm excited for my last day of work release, and in case you hadn't heard, I will be taking Diet Pepsi donations throughout the day. My plan is to pump my veins so full that I will hopefully survive until Sunday morning. Cross your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment